Flag State is signatory to all the major safety and environmental protection Conventions and Treaties. It is an active member of the IMO, Samoa Navals Register has set the standard with regard to IMO participation and early ratification of the major Safety and Environmental Protection Treaties.
The Samoa Navals Register uses a worldwide network of nautical inspectors to conduct annual safety inspections, which compliment the surveys, conducted by the classification societies on our behalf. These inspections are focused on operational, manning, training and safety management issues. This program is critical to maintaining the quality of this ship registry..
- Approval of Shipboard Plans, including Ship Security Plans;
- Verification of the Security Plan implementation;
- Verification of the Safety Management System implementation;
- Evaluating vessel compliance through inspections and audits by reviewing reports;
- Developing and ensuring Minimum Safe Manning requirements;
- Oversight of the Samoa Navals Register Nautical Inspectors and ISM and ISPS Code
- Auditors; Oversight of the ROs and RSOs issuing DOCs, SMCs and ISSCs on behalf of Samoa Navals Register;
- Responding to requests concerning the ISM Code;
- Ensuring Minimum Manning Requirements;
- Overseeing actions by Samoa Navals Register Inspectors and Auditors;
- Managing Appeals concerning Port State Detentions or other Control Actions; and
- Issuance of Manning Dispensations
- The Registry tracks and reports to IMO on all Port State Detentions of Samoa Navals
- Registered Flag vessels.